A dental crown is a restoration used to restore a tooth that has suffered from significant decay or another type of damage. If a dental filling will not effectively repair the tooth, our dentist may recommend a crown. The crown entirely covers the damaged tooth, returning it to optimal structure and strength. Each dental crown in Lynnwood, Washington, is custom made from molds and impressions of your teeth to ensure it comfortably fits your smile and matches the shape and size of your teeth. While crowns can be made from a number of materials, such as gold, many patients choose porcelain crowns for their natural-looking aesthetic. Dr. Lois Lee will help you determine which material would best fit your personal needs and desires.
Crowns are very versatile and can be used for a variety of cosmetic and restorative purposes. We may suggest this type of restoration in order to:
• Anchor a dental bridge
• Repair a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
• Support a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
• Cover and complete a dental implant
• Enhance the appearance of a severely darkened or stained tooth
• Strengthen a weakened or fractured tooth
• Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
• Improve the appearance and functionality of a misshapen tooth
To discover whether a crown is right for improving your smile, we welcome you to call or visit us today at Meadowdale Dental Clinic!